Engineering and Shaping Services
Use our support
We offer a variety of shaping service options and a team to support you on incorporating ROHACELL® efficiently into any of your designs.
We produce net-shaped foam cores with high precision, to any geometry you require. This can be done either by CNC machining or thermoforming.
- Engineering service: supporting economical options for bonding, thermoforming and CNC machining for your specific geometry
- Pre-process management: moisture management, drying, heat treatment and FOD control
- Conventional thermoforming with high temperature tooling, thermoforming with low temperature tooling, thermoshaping with compression
- Multiple 5-axis large format CNC machines, multi-spindle CNC machines
- Quality management: First Article Inspection (FAI), certificate of conformity for each delivery, digital measurement with “FARO” arm, process control documentation, reproducible quality, FOD control
- Logistics: just in time, ready to use, optimized packaging concept
• AS9100 Certified
• ISO 9001
• ITAR certified (#M22668) - Mobile, Alabama, USA location only
Sandwich Technology Center (STC)
We arrange prototype construction, small production runs, conduct sandwich structure testing and experiments with liquid composite molding, autoclaving and thermoforming. The STC also provides samples and offers customer training.
We support computer-aided component design, using the finite element method (Design and Analysis). This uses a three-dimensional failure criterion specially developed for ROHACELL® applications.